Thursday, January 7, 2010

GGClub - From Grass to Gardens - last chapter - Garden Dreaming - by Janet Lembke

I am loving From Grass to Gardens and there are so many wonderful gardening tips that I want it available to all, so am entering it on this blog. Following are quotes from Janet Lembke, maybe slightly paraphrased, and my comments, too. Please hit reply and add your own comments.

This seems to be miscelaneous stuff.

DAFFODILS
She was amazed how hard it was to plant 100 daffodils - hard labor. Where from? Native to N. Europe. "Gerard also warns that eating the roots or drinking a liquid made from them can make you vomit." That does not sound as toxic as I thought they were.

Elizabeth Lawrence - The Little Bulbs
Winter aconites are called - winter earth-flowers.

Siberian squills
Scilla - spring Beauty (Remember I spoke of euell Gibbons saying how good these were to eat but my Mom and I only did it once cause they were too pretty to pick for their roots.).

HELLEBORES
Virgil mentions them as a part of a skin ointment for sheep.
Lenten roses.

"May your own garden dreaming be bright and bountiful."

Thus ends my note taking and commenting on Janet Lembke's From Grass to Gardens: How to Reap Bounty from a Small Yard. Please comment on any of the posts and let's keep using this for the Gunpowder Garden Club notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment